Friday, December 5, 2008

Missing Paintings Discovered... and Not Returned


About a year ago I shipped two paintings through DHL. At the time i couldn't afford the insurance and decided to take a risk. The paintings went missing for a few months and DHL unapologetically told me there was nothing I could do. Mysteriously, the paintings reappeared on the internet being auctioned off on an ebay rip-off auction site called "bidtopia." the company selling them was called "bargainland." How bargainland obtained my work is unclear. How DHL did not know these were my paintings is also a mystery as my named is clearly printed on the back of the canvases... so any idiot could verify their authorship.

After a few weeks of talking to both DHL and Bargainland, I was finally told the matter was somehow out of both entity's metaphorical hands.

I really like when things go smoothly for corporations. And this was one of those moments that makes me feel warm; I love the idea that something I made can be stolen, sold and resold and that there is nothing I can do about it.

Anybody know a good lawyer?

1 comment:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

seriously.. that is horrible.. you should definitely sue and file a complaint with better business bureau. good luck!!